Ready for a confession?! I like Joanna Gaines AS A PERSON and she’s a badass businesswoman, but I don’t really watch her show! I think I’ve seen one or two ‘Fixer Uppers’ in all of the years it was on (is it still on?)! But I do know homegirl LURRRVVVES her some farmhouse decor, so why not jump on that bandwagon?! Certainly that will help the SEO of this post, right?!
But with the rise of a new trend, will be the rise of the prices of the new trend 😉
It doesn’t have to be that way though!
I’m here to show you my favorite ‘farmhouse chic’ finds, but on the cheap! Trust and believe though, it will look like you spent a pretty penny!
Raid your local Home Goods, Dollar Tree, local grocery store/farmers market, IKEA, etc. and I promise you, you’ll find stuff that works perfectly to pull off your vision, but without hurting your wallet!
Use any of these ideas to decorate for Easter/spring, as hostess/take home gifts, as teacher/coaches gifts, or for whatever you want!
- Find a wire basket, put a container/bowl in the middle for water, surround it with eggs (any kind will do), and then fill it with baby’s breath.
2. Found all of this at the Dollar Tree (everything is a $1)…metal floral trough, two floral foams, brown paper, and then grabbed tulips from the grocery store (just make holes in the foam with a pencil/pen before you put the stems in)! Switch out the flowers depending on the season!
3. I’ve had this terrarium on my porch since we moved in, and I change the decor year-round. I found all of this at the Dollar Tree…fairy village figurines and moss makes a cute spring scene! I even threw some rocks from our driveway in there!
4. This pink ceramic egg holder was at Home Goods and was $4! I also found a set of two hand towels for $4, so I took one and put it on cute crinkled paper (Dollar Tree), and put some dyed eggs in front of it! Makes an awesome hostess gift, centerpiece, or take home gift!
5. The other hand towel (from the set above) was rolled up and put into a sifter I found at Home Goods for $4. But you could easily grab the one out of your cabinet and use it!
6. This watering can and gardening gloves are from IKEA and each was $2! The tulips were from Publix, but I LOVE Trader Joe’s flowers the most, as I find they last twice as long as grocery store’s!
7. Continuing with the watering can theme, this silver one from IKEA ($6) is filled with pink and green carnations, which are super affordable flowers, but look absolutely beautiful!
8. But why stop at two watering cans, when you can do three?! Can you imagine these lined up down the center of a table as centerpieces?! And I love that they’re all different, with varying heights and looks! This one was from Home Goods ($3), and a bunch of blue hydrangeas look so sweet in it!
9. This glass vase from IKEA was a couple of dollars and I use it for all sorts of uses/decor throughout the year, but for Easter, I put a long-stemmed tulip in it, and wrapped a festive ribbon around it! You could put colored water in it if you wanted to, and line them down the table!
10. Last up, this rope-wrapped, white bucket ($1 Dollar Tree) looks so sweet with ribbon wrapped around it, and some hydrangeas in it! All of the ribbon spools were from Walmart and 98 cents each! These are so small and sweet, they could go on top of a place setting, and you could attach the guest’s names to it! They double as a take home gift too!
You can also check out my segment from Charlotte Today here!
There ya have it friends! 10 farmhouse chic finds for less than $10 each; most less than $5 each! Now, it’s your turn to confess a popular show that you’ve never seen before!!! Are you a die-hard Joanna Gaines fan, or what?!
Shop the post here…at no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission off of purchases you make, and this helps keep my blog running!
And I didn’t feature this in my post, but I just LOVE this egg holder! Check out the variety of colors too!!!