There’s an arm wrestling championship going on this weekend?! Say no more!
We only have two commitments this weekend, so we’re going to have time to do some fun stuff around town too! The weather looks gorgeous, so I can guarantee a family bike ride (or two) is in our future!
Here’s what’s going on for the weekend of
April 7th-April 9th
- Whitewater Center…Film Series. Did you know that the Whitewater Center shows movies on Friday nights in April and May at sundown?! Today’s movie is Telluride Mountainfilm on Tour, it’s free to watch ($5/car to park), and will be at the River Jam Stage! You can always come early, and ride the mountain biking trails for FREE too!
- Lenny Boy Brewing…5 year anniversary party! Saturday from 11am-11pm, and it’s FREE and family friendly! There will be live music from 1-6pm, and a Bao Time food truck will be on site from noon-10pm! But I’m most excited about the professional arm wrestling competition taking place at 7pm! Yes, there’s a league and everything for this?!!! WHO KNEW.
- Victorian Lawn Party…Reid House Matthews. On Saturday, from noon-4pm, there will be a FREE lawn party at the Dr. and Mrs. Reid’s house. There will be a tour of the house, children’s games, crafts, learn to milk a cow, gather around the maypole, a cake walk, and much more!
- The Sandlot…The Cotton Room at Belfast! Last week was Major League, and this week is a crowd favorite, The Sandlot! The event is free, as is the popcorn, and it starts at 7pm! Drink specials are: $3 Domestics, $5 Tito’s and Deep Eddy’s vodka, along with $5 Crown Royals. The month-long drink special is the appropriately named drink, “The Sandlot”, which is a Cheerwine-topped bourbon treat!
- Slow Art Day…Farmer’s Market on Yorkmont Rd! Crafters and artisans have created beautifully detailed wooden bowls, birdhouses, urns, jewelry boxes, toys and planters. There will be beeswax candles and lip balms, goats milk soaps and lotions, and even jewelry made with stones mined from the NC mountains. Come and shop from 8am-5pm!
There will also be Easter-themed activities/egg hunts going on ALL AROUND TOWN, and there are so many, that I’m simply going to name a few places and times, and you can decide the best fit for your crew’s needs! Make sure you click on the link to see specific details about each one, as they are all different!
SATURDAY, APRIL 8th
- 10-11:30am Pleasant Valley Baptist Church (FREE)
- 10-11:30am Hosanna: An Easter Celebration at the Billy Graham Library (tickets are $5 each)
- noon-1pm Easter Eggstravaganza in Stumptown Park Matthews (12 and under FREE)
- 10am-1pm Hop to it Easter egg hunt in Chestnut Square Park Indian Trail (FREE)
- 11am-1pm Visit with the Easter Bunny Stonecrest at the fountain plaza (FREE)
- noon-4pm Zetas of Charlotte Easter egg hunt at the Zeta house on Beatties Ford (FREE)
- 10am-2pm Lake Park Easter egg hunt at Central Church lake park Indian Trail (FREE)
- 11am-1pm Easter Egg fun hunt at Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center (FREE)
- 10am Concord Mills Easter Egg Hunt at The Speedpark (FREE)
- 10am-5:30pm Lazy 5 Ranch Easter Eggstravaganza Mooresville (FREE)
- 1-3pm Easter Celebration Party at Ballantyne Village (FREE)
- 9-11am Easter Egg Hunt at Adventure Landing Pineville ($3 donation per kid)
- 2-4pm Hop in to Spring at Robbins Park in Cornelius (FREE)
SUNDAY, APRIL 9th
- 1-3pm Pictures with Easter Bunny at Holbrook Park Gazebo in Huntersville (FREE)
Anything else I should know about and put on the Miranda in Charlotte facebook page?!