What to do, what to do…this weekend!!! All facts; no fools!
We have another gymnastics meet this weekend for Lilly, and it’s the last one of the season to see if she’ll qualify for States, Regionals, and Nationals! So keep your fingers crossed for our girl if you would! We also have some family stuff going on, but we’ll try to work in some fun when we can here and there! I am SO MAD to be missing out on the first thing on my list because it falls at the same time as Lilly’s meet! But if YOU can make it, YOU should go and facetime me the whole time 😉 Soooooooo, what’s going on in the QC this weekend?! Here ya go!
Week of March 31st-April 2nd
- Voices from the Past…uptown Charlotte cemeteries! Show up anytime between 1pm and 5pm to the Elmwood/Pinewood Cemeteries (on 5th and 6th street) and the Mecklenburg Historical Association Docents will have portrayers impersonating well-known historical figures who are buried there. I’m obsessed with all things related to Charlotte’s history, and also love the backstories of people who lived here. I am so so so sad I’m missing this, and will FOR SURE be at the next one! Oh, and it’s FREE!
- Free Museum entry because it’s the first weekend of the month…If you’re a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit/debit card holder, you get free entry into these five museums this weekend, all day both days:
Mint Museum Uptown
Mint Museum Randolph
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Levine Museum of the New South
Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- Matthews Heritage Museum in Matthews is also offering FREE admission on Saturday 10-4:30 since it’s the first Saturday of the month!
- Lucky Dog Bark and Brew Charlotte is celebrating its first birthday Saturday! There will be music 3-6pm, drink specials and the Final Four games on the TVs! They’ll also have UNC Chapel Hill and USC Gamecocks bandanas for your pups, as well as boarding deals!http://luckydogbarkandbrew.com/
- Front Porch Sundays kick off their April dates this Sunday! Yoga+good music+shopping+beer=Sunday Funday! Flyer above gives you all of the details needed!https://www.facebook.com/events/273538063074964/
- CLT Find is now located in the 7th Street Market and has been having soft openings the past few days, but Friday night March 31st, they’ll be celebrating their Grand Opening from 4-9pm! There will be music, food samplings/tastings, shopping, and the first 100 shoppers to spend $10 gets a glass of complimentary wine!https://www.facebook.com/events/1879126679011247/
- To celebrate the Charlotte Knights season opening this coming week, the Cotton Room at Belfast will be showing baseball-themed movies in April! This Sunday night, at 7pm, they’ll be showing Major League, and will even throw in free popcorn too! And great drinks specials go without saying 😉https://www.cottonroomclt.com/events/
- The Charlotte Independence season opener for our pro soccer team is this Saturday at 7pm on UNC Charlotte’s campus! We’re playing Charleston Battery, and it’s only $15/ticket for general admission, so follow the link to purchase yours…https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/independence/EN/buy/details/UNCC0401
- The Charlotte Hornets are playing the Denver Nuggets Friday night, and tickets are still available! Depending on the seats you select, you’ll get a free hat with purchase! Here ya go…
As always, tag me at #MirandainClt if you end up doing something I recommended in this roundup! I love to see how people are exploring Charlotte!!! Also, feel free to let me know what I need to put in my next Find me at post!